Attorney Bob Clute
Bob Clute has practiced business law for over 30 years in Mobile and South Alabama. Bob is experienced in many areas of law including:
- General Litigation Attorney
- Business Law Attorney
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Law
- Business Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Probate Law Attorney
Bob has successfully represented businesses and individuals in the State and Federal Courts.
Bob is an “AV” rated business attorney according to Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest rating an attorney can receive, as adjudged by his peers in the legal profession.
Bob’s wife Janet is a teacher at Blount High School in the Mobile County School System. Bob is actively involved in the community having served on his church council and with other organizations.
- 1979 North Carolina State Bar
- 1980 Alabama State Bar
- 1980 Alabama, U.S. District Court,Southern District of Alabama
- 1982 U.S. Court of Appeals,Eleventh Circuit
- 2000 United States District Court,Northern District of Alabama
- University of the South 1971-1972
- University of Georgia(1976)
- Wake Forest University(1979)(Juris Doctor,)
- American Bar Association Sections Memberships
- Business Law
- Served In variety of local bar association committees, including state and federal court practice and fee dispute.
- Participant,Mobile Bar Association’s Volunteer Lawyer Program.
- Licensed in all Alabama State Court as well as Northern and Southern Federal Districts of Alabama.
- Licensed in North Carolina.
- Member Paul W.Brock Inns of Court.
- Served several terms as council member – Saint Paul’s Lutheran Church
- Membership in several local, civic organizations
- Board of Directors for local non-profit corporation
- Speaker – Real Estate Transactions Made Painless and Efficient – 2006
- Speaker – Real Estate Transactions Made Painless and Efficient – Update on Recent Legislation and Title Issues – 2007
- Speaker – Closing Issues and Responsibilities in Real Estate Transactions – 2008
- Representative as lead attorney for major chemical company in a $68,000,000 acquisition of plant facility and related pipe lines
- Negotiation of a $7,000,000 stock purchase agreement for corporation with location in Alabama and Florida
- Representation of developer in acquisition of several multi-million dollar tracts for proposed subdivision
- Representation of developers for planned unit developments,variances and zoning issues
- Representation of regional banks for numerous commercial loan closings
- Representation of national bank on enforceability of loan documents in Alabama and Business issues regarding business in Alabama
- Representation of several major shopping centers in Alabama and Florida with tenant lease negotiations
- Representation of landlord in leases for office buildings
- Representation of large trucking company in real estate acquisition and related zoning and variance issues
- Successful representation of large telecommunications company in complex jury trial involving billing practices and alleged breach of contract
- Representation of a national bank in a jury trial involving claims of a trustee’s breach of fiduciary duties concerning a multi-million dollar trust’s real estate holdings
- Representation of regional bank in suit by loan customer for breach of deposit agreement claiming several million dollars in damages
- Representation of major Oil company group in defense of claims from Citronelle Unit surface owners for NORM and pollution claims
- Representation of corporation in suit concerning breach of confidentiality and non competition agreement
- Representation of condominium owners association in reconstruction of condominiums and defense of claims asserted by constructor and architect
- Representation of architect in claims involving defective design of condominium balcony rail and related personal injury claim
- Successful settlement of claim against major Oil company for erosion damage caused by placement of pipe lines
- Defense of contractor in claims for OSHA violations in course of renovation job
- Summary judgment for engineer in death case involving telephone cable
- Defense of title insurance agent in claims for errors and omissions concerning lien on property
- Special assets cases for national banks involving deficiency judgments and defense of related counterclaims
- Frequent representation of major oil company before Alabama State Oil and Gas Board
- Assistance to local corporations with ADEM permit issues
- Assistance with local companies and national corporations with EPA/ADEM investigations and actions
- Representation of major oil company in dealings with Alabama Department of Conservation
- Representation of several local plants on corporate and regulatory issues
- Representation of developers for planned unit developments and variances and zoning issues before planning and zoning boards